I once heard the term “menstrual lingerie” used to describe feminine hygiene products, but this is the only pad that seems to come close to living up to that description. These pads have a blue lace pattern on their outer layer.
Heart Felt Pads:
- Have a layer of charcoal fabric that absorbs liquid and odors
- Have a top lining with a dark color that doesn’t show stains.
- Are made as an all-in-one piece; there’s no need to add inserts.
- Are lined with a breathable PUL leak-resistant layer
- Have wings that snap for a secure fit
|Benefits & Positive Feedbacks:|
Customers tend to agree that these pads are very absorbent and comfortable. They also stated that the patterns are awfully cute.
Heart Felt pads are:
- Soft and absorbent.
- Breathable and non-irritating.
- Machine washable, and they come out clean.
- Supported by great customer service.
“They hold up nicely in the wash and don’t shrink or bunch.” (Amazon.com)
“I wore it to a high impact boot camp and kickboxing class and all was well. Not anymore bunching or adjusting than regular pads.” (Amazon.com)
|Downsides & Negative Feedbacks:|
A common complaint with PUL-lined pads is that they move around a lot. Heart Felt Pads were no exception to this trend. A few customers complained that there was a chemical smell to the pads when they first received them. Heart Felt does recommend washing the pads before wearing them.
Heart Felt pads:
- Don’t stay in place well unless wearing tight clothes.
- Are thicker than some customers would like.
- May have a “chemical” smell when new.
“I wish they were a little longer. I use them on lighter days.” (Amazon.com)
“These were soft and cute, but didn’t stay in place well. I was constantly adjusting because they would spin sideways.” (Amazon.com)
“Immediately after taking these out of the package I noticed a strong chemical smell.” (Amazon.com)
|About the Company|
Heart Felt is based in New Zealand and produces natural household goods like wool felt dryer balls as well as cloth diapers and reusable menstrual pads.
- Ruby Love Period Protection Underwear & Swimwear | Full Review - May 22, 2020
- Reusable Cloth Pads – FAQ’s - May 20, 2020
- Top 5 Menstrual Sponges “Sea Sponge Tampons” – Reviewed! - May 15, 2020