I’m very anxious about anything messing with my natural pH and only use unscented soaps for washing my cup. I left it in a little baggie near detergents and dryer sheets (not usually where I leave it, just happened to be where i left it)
I’ve washed and boiled it but it still smells like laundry detergent. Is this still safe to use? Should I air it out for a while first?
First of all, try not to leave your cup in an airtight container, even a baggie that zips. Cups need a good airflow or bacteria can/will form and make the silicone have a bad odor.
If your cup wasn’t touching the detergents and dryer sheets, I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with it. I think it’s like when you have one of those plug-in air fresheners and you can still smell it in your hair even after you leave the area. Just air it out (away from the laundry items) and see if it doesn’t go away on its own. You can also try soaking it in some hydrogen peroxide for a bit and then giving it a good rinse before using.
If it continues to smell of them, I would suggest just getting a new cup for peace of mind.
Good Luck! 😀