Puristics is a company that offers feminine hygiene products and anti-aging skincare. Their products don’t contain any of the “dirty dozen” chemicals, such as parabens and phthalates. They strive to provide pure, natural products that are also extremely effective.
Puristics Tampons at a Glance
- Absorbent core made from 100% certified organic cotton
- Free of chemicals, rayon and synthetics
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free
- Not bleached with chlorine to make them dioxin free
- Cardboard applicator has a rounded tip for easy insertion
- Tampons with applicator – Available
- Tampons without applicator – Available
Estimated Price (from company’s website): $7.99 for a 16 regular absorbency tampons
Puristics tampons are made from cotton that’s certified organic by the Institute for Marketecology (IOM). The IOM It is a standard for organic producers who work outside the European Union but wish to be certified as meeting the same standards for purity as the Regulations of the European Union.
The cotton in these tampons was grown without pesticides or herbicides, irradiation or genetic engineering. They also were grown without the use of sewage sludge. I bet you didn’t know you had to worry about that until now!
The tampon itself, as I noted above, is 100% certified organic cotton, and the string is made from cotton sewing yarn. The cardboard applicator is flushable and has a soft, rounded tip for easy insertion. This tampon also has a security veil to eliminate any fiber shedding during use.
Editor Score: 4.6 out of 5
Where to buy:
- CBD Oil for Menstrual Cramps (PMS)? What It Is and How It Works - June 28, 2020
- Reusable Cloth Pads – FAQ’s - May 20, 2020
- Top 5 Menstrual Sponges “Sea Sponge Tampons” – Reviewed! - May 15, 2020