- Where to buy:
Shop now at Amazon.com
- Official Website:
- Price on Company’s Website:
$28 – $38
Are They Worth the High Price Tag?
Period Panteez is a brand that’s gotten a lot of press: It’s appeared in the pages of Martha Stewart Weddings, Health Magazine and on TV shows like The Real. They’ve been called trendy and seem to have something of a designer price tag at $38 a pop. But are these period panties actually worth their price? Let’s check it out.
How Do They Work?
Period Panteez look like boy shorts and have built-in layers in strategic areas to prevent leaks. They’re made from a stretchy material that that works like shapewear; they also claim that this flexible layer helps to alleviate menstrual cramps. Can compression truly help with cramps? I ran an internet search, and while I couldn’t find any scientific studies to support it, there was a lot of anecdotal evidence that a little bit of pressure on the abdomen like you would get with shapewear can indeed reduce cramping.
Period Panteez should be worn with a pad during your period, and they can even be worn with pads that have wings. Their design helps to keep the pad from shifting around, and they protect against leaks.
Period Panteez can save you from ruined sheets and destroyed clothing caused by accidents during your time of the month. Some features of these menstrual underwear include:
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Machine washable. I can’t find any instructions on how they should be dried, though.
- Slight compression helps with menstrual cramps.
- Boy-short design provides maximum coverage.
Models and Images:
A lot of customer reviews for these panties express surprise that these aren’t a replacement for pads and tampons but are meant for you to wear them as extra protection against leaks. Additionally, the material isn’t water resistant like some other brands of menstrual panties — the gusset is instead made from three layers of cotton. Some other frequent comments from users of Period Panteez are:
- They do a good job at absorbing accidental leaks.
- Work well at keeping pads in place.
- New pairs of these panties have a strong chemical smell. They need to be washed several times to get rid of it.
- They’re sized small. This could be due to the compression factor since an item that is undersized will provide more “squeeze.”
- They’re shipped in a box that’s labeled with the words “Period Panteez.” Some women thought that was embarrassing and would appreciate a little bit more discretion.
About the Company
Period Panteez were invented by a woman who only goes by one name: Vida. A self-described, “relentless problem solver,” she had the idea for Period Panteez after buying new sheets but then having to sleep on top of a rough towel to protect the sheets from accidents during her period.
This period underwear was developed after more than five years of research and development and lots of product testing. Period Panteez are patent protected.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a pair of period panties to help protect against accidental leaks, these seem to fit the bill. The compression factor is helpful if you suffer from cramping. The fact that the panties use layers of cotton to absorb leaks makes these panties more breathable and comfortable, but you won’t have 100 percent protection against leaks coming through as you would with items that have a PUL barrier that’s truly water proof. While the price is steep compared to some other brands, these are made in the USA from high-quality fabrics.
- CBD Oil for Menstrual Cramps (PMS)? What It Is and How It Works - June 28, 2020
- Ruby Love Period Protection Underwear & Swimwear | Full Review - May 22, 2020
- Reusable Cloth Pads – FAQ’s - May 20, 2020