Maxim tampons are brought to us by a family run company called Maxim Hygiene Products. It’s their aim to provide women with maximum protection for their feminine hygiene needs in a way that’s good for their health and for the environment.
Maxim Tampons at a Glance
- Made from 100% certified organic cotton
- Are chlorine-free
- Have a cardboard applicator with rounded tip
- Applicator has finger grips to make it easier to use
- Also available in applicator-less version
- Uses recycled cardboard packaging
- Made by a family run company
- Tampons with applicator – Available
- Tampons without applicator – Available
Estimated Price (from company’s website): $9.72 for 16 regular absorbency tampons
Maxim tampons are made from certified organic cotton. It was certified by an international organization known as ICEA. You can’t receive their certification unless your products are made without harmful chemicals, pesticides and GMOs. They also cannot have been tested on animals.
You can buy these tampons with or without an applicator. The cardboard applicator has a rounded tip similar to some popular plastic tampon applicators. Maxim also put finger-grip grooves on their applicators to make them easy to insert.
Maxim tampons have a security veil to give an extra level of protection against fiber shedding of their tampons. Their tampons are individually wrapped for carrying convenience and they’re packaged in recycled cardboard.
Maxim sells a cute period survival kit that’s a fun way to try out their products. It includes a cute sequin bag, two organic regular tampons, a few panty liners and a feminine wipe.
Reviewers liked the price of Maxim tampons and the fact that they’re free of chemicals and pesticides but work just as well as conventional tampons. They also found that the applicator was designed in a way that make it easier to use than other brands’ applicators.
Editor Score: 4.7 out of 5
Where to buy:
- Ruby Love Period Protection Underwear & Swimwear | Full Review - May 22, 2020
- Reusable Cloth Pads – FAQ’s - May 20, 2020
- Top 5 Menstrual Sponges “Sea Sponge Tampons” – Reviewed! - May 15, 2020