K-Y Jelly (from Durex) Lubricant – Water Based Lube | Full Review
- Official Website:
- Approximate Price:
$5.49 for 4 ounces
- Promotions: N/A
- Available on:
Amazon.com – Click to Enter!
Amazon.co.uk – Click to Enter!
Most of the Durex-branded lubricants are made specifically for use during private fun-time and are heavy on the silicone, which isn’t suitable for use with menstrual cups. However, Durex is also the company that brings us K-Y Jelly, which is water-based and has a bit more of a clinical appearance to its packaging compared to the hot-and-heavy Durex-labeled lubes.
K-Y Jelly Personal Lubricant is the #1 doctor-recommended brand of lubricant in the USA. It’s made to gentle and safe to use. And it’s recommended by gynecologists, according to the label. It’s fragrance-free, non-greasy and easy to wash off.
Reviewers say Durex’s K-Y Jelly works well, but the cap makes a loud snapping sound when it opens and closes. Some users concerned that roommates will know what’s up every time they open a tube of K-Y. It also gets sticky after you use it for a while, but that’s more of an issue if you’re using K-Y for sex rather than for insertion of a menstrual cup.
The bottom line:
- Well-known, trusted brand
- Easily available just about anywhere
- Contains glycerin
- Can get unpleasantly sticky during use
- Easy to wash off
Where Can You Buy it?
You might be interested in:
- Top 10 Menstrual Cups
- Top 10 Reusable Menstrual Pads
- Top 10 Period Panties
- Top 10 Water Based Lubes
- Best 10 Organic Cotton Tampons
- Top 5 Organic Cotton Pads & Liners
- Top 10 Yoni (Kegel) Eggs
- Top 10 Female Urination devices
- Menstrual Cup FAQS
- 26 FAQs on Reusable Cloth Pads
- Period Panties : FAQs
- Tampons & Pads vs. Cups & Cloth Pads
- Cloth Pads vs. Disposable
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Size
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Features
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | Arena Battle
- Enter Our Blog »
- Ask a Question »