GladRags are possibly the best-promoted brand of reusable menstrual pads on the market. They’re handmade in the USA from soft, breathable cotton. It can be mindblowing for women who, up until discovering this product, believed that chafing and irritation from plastic products were just something they just had to put up with.
Unlike some other reusable menstrual pads, GladRags don’t have a plastic backing, which means less irritation. And they’re designed to last at least five years if taken care of properly.GladRags produces three varieties of cloth pads:
- Pantyliner. There’s the smallest size, Pantyliner, which women use as a backup for a menstrual cup or tampon, or for times of very light flow.
- Day Pads are for moderate flow and are also recommended for mild urinary incontinence.
- Night Pads are intended for use during the night time and during times of heavy flow. They’re also recommended for wear following childbirth when protection is needed. Just like with disposable pads, most women will want to have an assortment of sizes.
GladRags recommends three to six Pantyliners, six to 12 Day Pads and one to three Night Pads. With that assortment, you’ll be covered for your entire cycle.
One standout feature of GladRags is that their pad doesn’t have a plastic backing on it as some other reusable menstrual pads have. There’s no plastic to allow for more airflow. GladRags also produces a line of organic cotton pads that are made from cotton that was grown without the use of pesticides or herbicides.
Benefits & Positive Feedbacks
- Will save money over time
- Soft, breathable fabric for less irritation and chafing
- Kinder to the environment than disposables
- Avoid the risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome associated with tampons
- Avoid exposure to chemicals that are used on disposables
- Comes in an assortment of cute styles
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!! I have been using these for eight months and just ordered another package. When I decided to make the switch to cloth pads, I ordered three different types, and these are the ones I re-ordered. There is no comparison. They stay put during the day, you can customize your level of thickness depending on your flow, and they don’t leak. They also wash up wonderfully!”
The majority of customers give GladRags high ratings. Some comments include:
“Quiet. No crinkling sounds when you move in your chair or walk.”
“If you have a problem with rashing out from disposable pads, these solve that problem.”
“You don’t have to spend time at the store when you need a pad.”
“They are machine washable, so you can throw them in the laundry (which may take care of any stinky bathroom trashcans).”
Downsides & Negative Feedbacks
Some customers complain that the pads do get stained. Others state that these pads are only worth using if you have a very light menstrual flow. One user is concerned that the pads are large and would be visible when wearing yoga pants. Difficult to get clean was another complaint.
This company has been around for some time, and when you order from them, you know you will be getting a consistently high-quality product.
Where to buy
About the Company
Gladrags began as a home-based business in 1993 but quickly grew too big for the spare room it occupied. Based out of Portland, Oregon, they’re staffed by a small team who work diligently at fulfilling orders, answering questions and spreading the word about the advantages of reusable menstrual pads and menstrual cups. In addition to cloth pads, Gladrags is also a distributor of The Keeper and The Moon Cup menstrual cups. You can also buy a wide range of menstruation-related accessories from Gladrags.
- Ruby Love Period Protection Underwear & Swimwear | Full Review - May 22, 2020
- Reusable Cloth Pads – FAQ’s - May 20, 2020
- Top 5 Menstrual Sponges “Sea Sponge Tampons” – Reviewed! - May 15, 2020