- Official Website:
- Price on Company’s Website:
$23.95 to $34.95 for one
- Promotions: N/A
- Where to buy:
Shop now at Amazon.com
Shop now at Amazon.co.uk
The pink Freshette is described as the “original urinary director” for women. It measures 6 by 1.75 by 6 inches and is about the size of the palm of your hand. The Sports and Travel Freshette comes with a 5-inch extension tube that stores inside the main plastic trough, and a custom travel pouch.
This item is sold in camping supply stores like REI. Interestingly, it’s also used on most major Antarctic Expeditions. I can imagine that indoor plumbing must be hard to come by in the Antarctic!
- The Medical Freshette, $28.95, comes with an extra-long 36-inch extension tube so that it can be used while laying in bed or while seated in a wheelchair.
- The Complete Portable Freshette is listed at $34.95. This FUD comes with a standard 5-inch extender tube and 12 disposable collector bags that capture urine. You also receive a plastic travel pouch and a vinyl carrying pouch that zip closed. This device is meant to be used during long car trips or anywhere that a “place to go” isn’t available.
Most users like this item. The ones who love it say it works well, is leak-free and easy to aim. One less-than-positive remark was that the “cup” shape of the Freshette might capture some urine, so you have to be careful when moving it away from your body that you don’t tilt it backward and get pee on yourself.
Pros vs. Cons
- Anatomical design
- Can be used with a ‘collector’ option
- Is sold at major sports retailers, which means it’s of decent quality
- Relatively high price
- A bit on the bulky side when it comes to carrying it around
- Not very discreet: Carry bag clearly shows what the item is.
About the Company
The Freshette comes from a company called International Sani-Fem, Inc., that is based in Downy, California.
Final Say: Is it Worth a Go?
The Freshette is a good bet if you know you will have a need for using a FUD on a relatively regular basis. It’s a quality item that isn’t cheap. So, if you want something durable and trail-tested, this is an excellent option.
Where Can You Buy it?
- CBD Oil for Menstrual Cramps (PMS)? What It Is and How It Works - June 28, 2020
- Ruby Love Period Protection Underwear & Swimwear | Full Review - May 22, 2020
- Reusable Cloth Pads – FAQ’s - May 20, 2020