- Where to get it?
- Prices on Company’s Website:
$17.99 – $30.99
Charlie Banana Feminine Pads are an offshoot of the Charlie Banana Cloth diaper brand. The cloth diapers and other baby products are available in major stores including Wal-Mart, so this is no mom-and-pop menstrual pad producer. The pads have a white fleece top layer and a PUL outer layer with wings and a snap to secure the pads in place. PUL stands for polyurethane laminated fabric. PUL provides a waterproof barrier that stands up to multiple washings and is comfortable enough to be worn next to the skin.
Charlie Banana Feminine Pads are an all-in-one pad with no inserts and a waterproof layer to guard against leaks. Since these aren’t handmade, there is more consistency in the product than some other brands.
Charlie Banana reusable pads:
- Have three absorbency levels: Panty liner, regular and super
- Are sold in packs of three
- Have six colors to choose from
- Are made with a fleece inner layer and a waterproof PUL bottom layer
- Come with a mini waterproof bag
- Are free of chemicals
They now have 4 sizes of Feminine Pads
- Liners (smallest)
- Super+ (Biggest)
Each package has three pads (in the same size) inside:
- Three panty liners package
- Three regular pads
- Three super size package
- Three super plus package
Combo Size Package
In addition, they have a Combo size package with 1 Liner + 1 Regular + 1 Super + 1 Super+ + 1 mini Pouch, total 4 different sizes of feminine pad inside.
2. Regular size
3. Super Size
4. Super+ Size
Benefits & Positive Feedbacks
Customers say that these pads are exceptionally absorbent and resistant to stains. The waterproof backing is also very effective against leaks. The inclusion of the tote bag makes the purchase more cost-effective since mini totes bought separately can cost $10 and upward.
Pros of these pads include that:
- They are generally stain resistant
- All orders include a waterproof tote bag
- They’re made from soft material
- They are long enough for overnight coverage
“The fabric is so soft and gentle on your skin; you don’t get any rashes or irritation like you do with the plastic.”
“The Charlie Banana pads are the easiest to clean and have virtually no staining.”
“Love, love love these! So soft and absorbent, makes you wonder why you haven’t switched to reusable sooner.”
“The pads and bag seem to be very well made (besides being really cute and soft to the touch), and I’m sure they will last for years.”
Downsides & Negative Feedbacks
Some customers don’t like the fact that these are fleece rather than cotton and feel that they are less comfortable to wear during warm weather because they retain heat.
Cons of these pads include that:
- They are smaller than other brands; the super pad is more like a typical regular size
- They can feel bulky
- The plush fleece can retain heat and be difficult to clean
- The PUL waterproof layer can make these less breathable than other brands
“They are OK but feeling like they are less absorbent over time.”
“The purple fabric that makes the pad moisture resistant is irritating to my skin. I won’t be buying any more.”
“They run about a half inch short. they don’t wick away moisture very well.”
Reviews from customers:
Where to buy
About the Company
Charlie Banana is a part of Winc Design Limited and is based in Hong Kong. Winc started as a toy and children’s company that branched off into Charlie Banana. Charlie Banana, named after the daughter of Winc Design’s president, focuses on quality baby and children’s items that are high-quality, eco-friendly and superbly designed. The focus on baby products such as reusable cloth diapers naturally led to the addition of quality reusable items for mothers, too.
- CBD Oil for Menstrual Cramps (PMS)? What It Is and How It Works - June 28, 2020
- Ruby Love Period Protection Underwear & Swimwear | Full Review - May 22, 2020
- Reusable Cloth Pads – FAQ’s - May 20, 2020