Whimsically named Bububibi is a maker of cloth diapers as well as reusable menstrual pads. Their website ‘about us’ information hasn’t been updated in a while, but the pads and baby products are still selling both on their official site and on Amazon.
Bububibi refers to their pads as Mama Cloths. They come in two sizes: regular and maxi. You can purchase them separately, or buy their trial/travel pack. The regular pads have four total layers, and the maxi pads have six layers. All of their pads feature bamboo fabric.
Their pads are:
- Made with wings that snap to keep the pads in place
- Designed as an all-in-one unit; there’s no need to add inserts
- Backed by a layer of waterproof material
- Layered with microfiber and rayon from bamboo
- Estimated to last for five years
|Benefits & Positive Feedbacks:
Customers appreciate the shape and size of these pads; they’re similar to the sizing of disposable pads and not overly bulky as some cloth pads can be.
Bububibi Mama Cloth Pads:
- Come in a selection of 10 prints
- Are absorbent and designed to resist stains
- Have an excellent length and aren’t too wide
- Machine washable and dryer safe
“The size is good if you want to be sure that nothing will spill not even in the night, and I really liked how they can be stored.” (Amazon.com)
“Extremely well made! Perfect sewing and high-quality materials!” (Amazon.com)
|Downsides & Negative Feedbacks:|
Customers complain about the PUL (polyurethane) backing; they say it makes the pads too slippery, and they don’t’ stay in place.
Bububibi Mama Cloth Pads:
- Are less breathable than other pads due to the PUL backing.
- May slide during use due to the backing.
- Have white lining that tends to show stains.
“Every time I wear them out I find myself searching for a place hide and adjust my pad CONSTANTLY.” (Amazon.com)
“I did not like it at all that they were white just in the part where the blood stays so it stains a lot, and it’s difficult to remove the stains.” (Amazon.com)
|About the Company|
Bububibi is a one-woman business that appears to have been in operation for several years. Owned by a busy wife and mom who holds a separate full-time job, Bububibi is focused on affordable, environmentally responsible products for women and their families.
- 2023’s Best Period and Leak Proof Swimwear - January 31, 2023
- WUKA ® Period Panties – Full Review - July 27, 2021
- CBD Oil for Menstrual Cramps (PMS)? What It Is and How It Works - June 28, 2020
Bad customer service. Didn’t get my order and they didn’t answer to any of my e-mails.