THINX ® Period Panties
Will Their Hidden Powers Work for You?
- Official Website:
- Approximate Price:
$24 – $38
THINX describe themselves as the underwear with hidden powers. These period panties come in two basic colors— beige and black— and six styles:
Each style has its own level of absorbency, with HipHuggers being the most absorbent and the Thong being the least absorbent. THINX appears to have an active marketing campaign behind them, and there’s been a flurry of blogger and vlogger video reviews of their products. THINX donates seven reusable cloth menstrual pads to a woman or girl in Africa for every pair of panties you buy. They started that initiative after learning that girls around the world regularly miss school because they don’t have the feminine hygiene supplies they need.
How Do They Work?
THINX are one of the few brands of period panties that can be used to replace pads and tampons. Their most absorbent panties, the Hiphugger, holds up to two tampons worth of fluid. They’re able to do this with four thin layers of fabric, including cotton and a waterproof layer made from PUL. PUL is a type of fabric that’s often used with reusable baby diapers for its ability to prevent leaks.
Style #1 – Hiphugger
Style #2 – Hi-waist
Style #3 – Sport
Style #4 – Boyshort
Style #5 – Cheeky
Style #6 – Thong
You have the option of wearing THINX together with tampons and menstrual cups or on their own, it’s up to you and your particular cycle.
THINX look just like regular, high-quality panties and are:
- Absorbent and moisture-wicking, so you stay dry.
- Anti-microbial. They’re made from a high-tech fiber that’s treated with silver to keep it hygienic.
- Machine washable, but must be air dried. Also, don’t use fabric softener on them because that will decrease the absorbency of these menstrual panties.
The main user complaints are the price and the dry time. It seems that because of the four layers, these panties take a long time to air dry; some customers complain that they take days to become fully dry, and they aren’t meant to be dried in a machine.
Some women like the idea of being able to use these in place of a pad or menstrual cup, but others think it’s too much of a hassle when it’s time to change to have to take off a panty when changing a pad or cup would be easier.
However, lots of women find that they’re great for extra piece of mind when they’re active and overnight. They’re also perfect to wear in place of a panty liner on light days or days when you’re expecting your period.
About the Company
THINX were invented by a pair of twin sisters and their good friend. They came up with the idea after looking for a solution for the monthly mishaps women worldwide know all too well. THINX panties are made in Sri Lanka, at a family-run factory.
The Bottom Line
THINX are an attractive line of menstrual underwear and women say they’re very comfortable to wear. “I forgot I was even wearing them” is a common remark. The price is somewhat high, but they do provide both absorbency and waterproofing; many other brands only offer one or the other. THINX donates to a good cause, and they offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. THINX are a winner when it comes to period panties.
Where Can You Buy THINX?
- PantyProp ® Period Panties
- THINX ® Period Panties
- Lunapanties ® Period Panties
- Anigan ® Period Panties
- Vv SkiVvys ® Period Panties
- Dear Kate ® Period Panties
- PantiePads ® Period Panties
- Modibodi ® Period Panties
- Period-Panteez ® Period Panties
- Knixwear ® Period Panties
- Adira ® Period Panties
- Fannypants ® Period Panties
- Intimate Portal ® Period Panties
- Relieved Gal ® Period Panties
- New Step ® Period Panties
- Qikafan ® Period Panties
- Labelar ® Period Panties
- NatraTouch ® Period Panties
- Shymay ® Period Panties
- Yoyi Fashion ® Period Panties
- Promithi ® Period Panties
- MFrannie ® Period Panties
- Meicent ® Period Panties
- Aolevia ® Period Panties
- GladRags ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- LunaPads ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Sckoon Organic ® Reusable Pads
- Domino Pads ® Reusable Pads
- Charlie Banana ® Reusable Pads
- Bububibi Reusable Cloth Pads
- Heart Felt ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Party In My Pants ® Cloth Pads
- Dutchess ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Earth Girl ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- AngelCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Anigan EvaCup ® Menstrual Cup
- Bella Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Blossom Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Comfycup ® Menstrual Cups
- CupLee ® Menstrual Cups
- Diamond ® Menstrual Cups
- Divacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Dutchess Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Femmecup ® Menstrual Cups
- FemmyCycle ® Menstrual Cups
- FleurCup ® Menstrual Cups
- IrisCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Juju ® Menstrual Cups
- Keeper ® Menstrual Cup
- LadyCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lena Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lily ® Menstrual Cups
- Lola Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunette ® Menstrual Cups
- Luv Ur Body ® Menstrual Cups
- MeLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- MenstroCup ® Menstrual Cups
- MiaLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- Mia Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Moon Cup (US) ® Menstrual Cup
- Mooncup(UK) ® Menstrual Cups
- NaturCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Rainbow Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Ruby Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- SckoonCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Si-bell ® Menstrual Cups
- Softcup ® Menstrual Cups
- Super Jennie ® Menstrual Cups
- Yuuki ® Menstrual Cups
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:11:58
"I agree with you Shannon, the customer service center is great. I don't think I ever dealt with a company who answers so quickly...." Read More »
Page: PantyProp ® Period Panties
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:09:30
"Brought a proptween underwear bundle for my 11 year old daughter and a period kit about 3 months ago, everything was perfect, she said it made her feel much more comfortable not worrying about leaks i..." Read More »
Page: DivaCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: GingerGypsy Date: 2017-01-22 21:56:00
"I've used my Diva Cup for three years, and since day one, I've dealt with leaks. I've done everything right, proper positioning, ensured suction- but I still end up having to wear a pad because of the..." Read More »
Page: OrganiCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: ingrid Date: 2017-01-20 12:20:16
"I love my organicup. I am a virgin, and but didn't have any problems inserting the a-cup. However you are a bit clumsy in the beginning and should expect using a little time to insert and emptying it ..." Read More »
- Girls in Africa Desperately Need Menstrual Cups and Pads
- Does the High-Tech Livia Really Turn Off Cramps?
- If You Have Bad Menstrual Cramps Consider This Diet
- Long Menstrual Cycles? What You Should Know
- How Long Should a Period Last?
- Menstruation Made the News a Lot this Past Year!
- The Top Apps for Tracking Your Period
- Looncup: Wearable Tech for Your Vagina
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Month
- Does Your Period Throw You Off Your Game?
- The Menstrual Cycle Phases Explained
You might be interested in:
- Top 10 Menstrual Cups
- Top 10 Reusable Menstrual Pads
- Top 10 Period Panties
- Best 10 Organic Cotton Tampons
- Top 5 Organic Cotton Pads & Liners
- Top 10 Yoni (Kegel) Eggs
- Menstrual Cup FAQS
- 26 FAQs on Reusable Cloth Pads
- Period Panties : FAQs
- Tampons & Pads vs. Cups & Cloth Pads
- Cloth Pads vs. Disposable
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Size
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Features
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | Arena Battle
- Enter Our Blog »
- Ask a Question »