Period Panteez ® Period Panties
Are They Worth the High Price Tag?
- Available on:
- Official Website:
- Approximate Price:
$28 – $38
Period Panteez is a brand that’s gotten a lot of press: It’s appeared in the pages of Martha Stewart Weddings, Health Magazine and on TV shows like The Real. They’ve been called trendy and seem to have something of a designer price tag at $38 a pop. But are these period panties actually worth their price? Let’s check it out.
How Do They Work?
Period Panteez look like boy shorts and have built-in layers in strategic areas to prevent leaks. They’re made from a stretchy material that that works like shapewear; they also claim that this flexible layer helps to alleviate menstrual cramps. Can compression truly help with cramps? I ran an internet search, and while I couldn’t find any scientific studies to support it, there was a lot of anecdotal evidence that a little bit of pressure on the abdomen like you would get with shapewear can indeed reduce cramping.
Period Panteez should be worn with a pad during your period, and they can even be worn with pads that have wings. Their design helps to keep the pad from shifting around, and they protect against leaks.
Period Panteez can save you from ruined sheets and destroyed clothing caused by accidents during your time of the month. Some features of these menstrual underwear include:
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Machine washable. I can’t find any instructions on how they should be dried, though.
- Slight compression helps with menstrual cramps.
- Boy-short design provides maximum coverage.
Models and Images:
A lot of customer reviews for these panties express surprise that these aren’t a replacement for pads and tampons but are meant for you to wear them as extra protection against leaks. Additionally, the material isn’t water resistant like some other brands of menstrual panties — the gusset is instead made from three layers of cotton. Some other frequent comments from users of Period Panteez are:
- They do a good job at absorbing accidental leaks.
- Work well at keeping pads in place.
- New pairs of these panties have a strong chemical smell. They need to be washed several times to get rid of it.
- They’re sized small. This could be due to the compression factor since an item that is undersized will provide more “squeeze.”
- They’re shipped in a box that’s labeled with the words “Period Panteez.” Some women thought that was embarrassing and would appreciate a little bit more discretion.
About the Company
Period Panteez were invented by a woman who only goes by one name: Vida. A self-described, “relentless problem solver,” she had the idea for Period Panteez after buying new sheets but then having to sleep on top of a rough towel to protect the sheets from accidents during her period.
This period underwear was developed after more than five years of research and development and lots of product testing. Period Panteez are patent protected.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a pair of period panties to help protect against accidental leaks, these seem to fit the bill. The compression factor is helpful if you suffer from cramping. The fact that the panties use layers of cotton to absorb leaks makes these panties more breathable and comfortable, but you won’t have 100 percent protection against leaks coming through as you would with items that have a PUL barrier that’s truly water proof. While the price is steep compared to some other brands, these are made in the USA from high-quality fabrics.
- PantyProp ® Period Panties
- THINX ® Period Panties
- Lunapanties ® Period Panties
- Anigan ® Period Panties
- Vv SkiVvys ® Period Panties
- Dear Kate ® Period Panties
- PantiePads ® Period Panties
- Modibodi ® Period Panties
- Period-Panteez ® Period Panties
- Knixwear ® Period Panties
- Adira ® Period Panties
- Fannypants ® Period Panties
- Intimate Portal ® Period Panties
- Relieved Gal ® Period Panties
- New Step ® Period Panties
- Qikafan ® Period Panties
- Labelar ® Period Panties
- NatraTouch ® Period Panties
- Shymay ® Period Panties
- Yoyi Fashion ® Period Panties
- Promithi ® Period Panties
- MFrannie ® Period Panties
- Meicent ® Period Panties
- Aolevia ® Period Panties
- GladRags ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- LunaPads ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Sckoon Organic ® Reusable Pads
- Domino Pads ® Reusable Pads
- Charlie Banana ® Reusable Pads
- Bububibi Reusable Cloth Pads
- Heart Felt ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Party In My Pants ® Cloth Pads
- Dutchess ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Earth Girl ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- AngelCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Anigan EvaCup ® Menstrual Cup
- Bella Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Blossom Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Comfycup ® Menstrual Cups
- CupLee ® Menstrual Cups
- Diamond ® Menstrual Cups
- Divacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Dutchess Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Femmecup ® Menstrual Cups
- FemmyCycle ® Menstrual Cups
- FleurCup ® Menstrual Cups
- IrisCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Juju ® Menstrual Cups
- Keeper ® Menstrual Cup
- LadyCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lena Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lily ® Menstrual Cups
- Lola Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunette ® Menstrual Cups
- Luv Ur Body ® Menstrual Cups
- MeLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- MenstroCup ® Menstrual Cups
- MiaLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- Mia Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Moon Cup (US) ® Menstrual Cup
- Mooncup(UK) ® Menstrual Cups
- NaturCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Rainbow Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Ruby Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- SckoonCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Si-bell ® Menstrual Cups
- Softcup ® Menstrual Cups
- Super Jennie ® Menstrual Cups
- Yuuki ® Menstrual Cups
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:11:58
"I agree with you Shannon, the customer service center is great. I don't think I ever dealt with a company who answers so quickly...." Read More »
Page: PantyProp ® Period Panties
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:09:30
"Brought a proptween underwear bundle for my 11 year old daughter and a period kit about 3 months ago, everything was perfect, she said it made her feel much more comfortable not worrying about leaks i..." Read More »
Page: DivaCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: GingerGypsy Date: 2017-01-22 21:56:00
"I've used my Diva Cup for three years, and since day one, I've dealt with leaks. I've done everything right, proper positioning, ensured suction- but I still end up having to wear a pad because of the..." Read More »
Page: OrganiCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: ingrid Date: 2017-01-20 12:20:16
"I love my organicup. I am a virgin, and but didn't have any problems inserting the a-cup. However you are a bit clumsy in the beginning and should expect using a little time to insert and emptying it ..." Read More »
- Girls in Africa Desperately Need Menstrual Cups and Pads
- Does the High-Tech Livia Really Turn Off Cramps?
- If You Have Bad Menstrual Cramps Consider This Diet
- Long Menstrual Cycles? What You Should Know
- How Long Should a Period Last?
- Menstruation Made the News a Lot this Past Year!
- The Top Apps for Tracking Your Period
- Looncup: Wearable Tech for Your Vagina
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Month
- Does Your Period Throw You Off Your Game?
- The Menstrual Cycle Phases Explained
You might be interested in:
- Top 10 Menstrual Cups
- Top 10 Reusable Menstrual Pads
- Top 10 Period Panties
- Best 10 Organic Cotton Tampons
- Top 5 Organic Cotton Pads & Liners
- Top 10 Yoni (Kegel) Eggs
- Menstrual Cup FAQS
- 26 FAQs on Reusable Cloth Pads
- Period Panties : FAQs
- Tampons & Pads vs. Cups & Cloth Pads
- Cloth Pads vs. Disposable
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Size
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Features
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | Arena Battle
- Enter Our Blog »
- Ask a Question »