Lunette ® Review – Is it No Strings Attached Good?
- Available on:
- Official Website:
- Approximate Price:
£20.62 – £50
- Promotions: N/A
The notion of having an alternative of menstrual protection that does not “have strings attached’ is profoundly appealing. Perhaps that is why menstrual cups are rapidly becoming one of the #1 chosen menstrual care products of the new generation. They are good for the environment, beneficially economical, conveniently liberating, and ultimately the safest option in female sanitary hygiene.
Menstrual cups are available in all shapes, makes, sizes, and brands- however the Finland-originated Lunette, menstrual cup is one of a handful of menstrual cups that has garnered hundreds of positive consumer reviews. The Lunette menstrual cup has been around for over a decade and is now sold all over the world to female consumers who say that the Lunette Cup is the best menstrual cup to ever be sold.
The Lunette Menstrual Cup Sizes and Specs
The Lunette is a menstrual cup that has a shelf-life of up to 10 years, it is made out of the safest tested and proven, medical-grade silicone that is used in many medical products today.
The Lunette comes in two unique sizes and also is offered in limited-edition colors.
Sizes of Lunette
Model 1 in the Lunette is the smaller of the two size options that the Lunette Cup is offered in. It has the following specs and features:
- Softest silicone in Lunette – Softer form and texture than Model 2 Lunette
- For young women and teens – The Lunette Model 1 is small so that it can be used and worn comfortably by women who are young teens, young adults that have not given birth to a child.
- Stem length – The stem length of the Lunette Model 1, menstrual cup is 1”
- Menstrual flow – The Lunette Model 1 provides the best protection for women who experience a light-moderate menstrual flow regularly.
- Capacity – The Lunette Model 1 size will hold up to 0.85 fluid ounces.
Model 2 in the Lunette is the Larger of the two size options that the Lunette Cup is offered in. It has the following specs and features:
- Soft Silicone but firmer than Model 1 – The Lunette Model 2 is made out of medical grade silicone that is soft, however the silicone form of Model 2 is a bit more firmer than the one consisted in the Model 1.
- For more mature adult women – The Model 2 of the Lunette is specifically designed for the mature adult woman who has had a baby vaginally previously and that is more sexually and physically mature.
- Stem length – The Stem length of the Model 2 Lunette is a little shorter than the Model 1 at 0.8”
- Menstrual flow – Lunette Model 2 is designed and made to accommodate a moderate to heavy menstrual flow.
- Capacity – The capacity of the Model 2, Lunette menstrual cup is higher than the Model 1. It can hold up to 1 full fl oz. of fluid.
Need Help Choosing the Right Size?
Check out the Size Tables and Guide on the Lunette’s Official Website
Lunette Limited Edition Color Options
Lunette offers a special limited edition of colors that are available in each size and capacity:
Lunette Selene (blue), Lunette Diana (light green), Lunette Cynthia (purple), Lunette Aine (coral red), and Lunette Lucia (yellow.)
9 Folds for the Lunette Menstrual Cup
Lunette Special Features
The Lunette, menstrual cup boasts a wide-selection of positive attributes that enable it to be very different than other brands of menstrual cups presently sold on the market.
- The Lunette has a life-span of 10 years.
- Not only just FDA approved, but also certified according to Finnish Standards and Australian standards.
- The Lunette scored higher on a customer survey performed on females who used various brands of menstrual cups- Lunette was favored over the Divacup, Iriscup, and many other top ten reviewed menstrual cup brands.
- Only requires emptying 2-6 times a day.
- Ultra-safe for young women who are still virgins or just started their period.
- Sold all over the world and has received a vast amount of recognition, awards, and reviews that testify it is one of the best menstrual cups to ever be sold.
The Upside of Using the Lunette Menstrual Cup
There are innumerable reasons why women all over the globe have chosen the Lunette as their super-menstrual cup.
|Stem is well-designed – The stem is well designed on the Lunette in comparison to other menstrual cup brands which have a poky stem that can be both uncomfortable and difficult to grasp in the process of removal.|
|The holes in the cup of the Lunette are larger – The holes in the rim of the cup enable a person to get the residue out when cleaning and washing the cup.|
|Both Lunette model (1&2) sizes are more petite than other brands but have higher holding capacity – Consumers who used the Lunette after trying the other menstrual cup brands have noted that the Lunette in both sizes is more petite than the Divacup and Mooncup. This makes it easier for someone to reach their ideal fit for the best menstrual protection that you can find in a product.|
|Can be used time and time again without fail – Users of the Lunette still remark on their go-to menstrual cup choice. They state that the Lunette is still like new and just as effective after several years of use.|
The Downside of the Lunette Menstrual Cup
|More expensive than other menstrual cup brands – Through all of the reviews I perused and read online, the most prominent valid complaint on the Lunette menstrual cup was that it a tad more pricy than other menstrual cups. However, for the quality and durability (10 year shelf-life) the few dollars more spent on the Lunette proves as a wise investment. Especially in comparison to other cheaper menstrual cups that only last for a year.|
What Sckoon Cup Customers Say
Besides the obvious that it offers the best period experience of any other menstrual cup brand- the Lunette has captured the hearts of women everywhere for its superior performance on a multi-level of facets.
“I went with model 1 for Lunette. It’s absolutely perfect, does everything it’s supposed to, and no leaks. Far better fit and experience than the Divacup.” (Amazon.com)
“I decided the Lunette Model 1 would be a good fit for me. And it has been, for 3 years now. What I like most about my Lunette cup is that it doesn’t leak. By using my cup for the last 3 years instead of buying organic cotton tampons, I’ve probably saved $200 by now. One less thing to worry about buying each month!” (Amazon.com)
“I started with the moon cup and had trouble avoiding leaks and overflow. Too small. And the hollow stem had to be trimmed–too uncomfortable. I received my Lunette cup yesterday and I love it so far. It fit nicely with the c fold and is easy to remove. Huge upgrade!” (Amazon.com)
Online Video Reviews:
Lunette Frequently Asked Questions
There may be some questions that you want answered before you make a purchase of one of the best menstrual cups offered to women of this modern generation. Here we have addressed some of the most frequently posed questions that most menstrual cup consumers need to know before purchasing the Lunette, menstrual cup:
“What size Lunette should I use if I have a very sensitive bladder?“
The Lunette Model 1 is ideal for someone who has a very tender and sensitive bladder. Because it is ultra-soft and cut smaller it will be a better fit so it does not cause pressure on your bladder.
“What is the volume holding capacity in ml in both Lunette models?“
The Lunette Model 1 has a holding capacity of 25 ml. and the larger model in Lunette, the Model 2 has a holding capacity of 30 ml.
“I noticed some vendors selling a Lunette product, but it looks as if it is not the official Lunette Brand?“
There are some Lunette’s out there being sold in our brand name- you can tell the official Lunette from knock-offs by the way it is packaged and whether it has the Finland trademark seal.
“The Lunette cup was awarded the Key Flag Emblem for safety, what does this mean?“
The Key Flag Emblem is a big note that the Lunette cup adheres to the business practice and the utmost safest materials in the manufacturing and production of the Lunette (see more here).
“I am having big problems removing the Lunette, I think it’s stuck in me?“
It is not possible for the Lunette to get permanently stuck inside your vagina. If you feel as if it is stuck and you are having issues removing the Lunette- take a deep breath and relax. The Lunette site has some helpful strategies listed for newbies of the Lunette to use when troubleshooting the circumstances that arise that work themselves out through learning techniques and tricks of inserting and removing the Lunette (see troubleshooting tips here).
“If I leave the Lunette in for a full 12 hours does it pose a threat to my health?“
No. The Lunette can be used safely for up to 12 hours. If you forget that you are wearing it- then just empty it as soon as possible to avoid any accidents that may be caused from the cup filling up too much.
“Can the Lunette be safely used with an IUD or contraceptive ring?“
Yes. The Lunette is perfectly compatible and safe when worn in combination with either an IUD used for contraception and birth control or a contraceptive ring.
“Can I wear the Lunette right after having a baby?“
NO. Most physicians recommend not even wearing tampons or using anything internally inserted into the vagina after having a baby for many reasons- with a large one being to avoid risk of infection.
“Which size Lunette is ideal for a woman who is very physically active?“
The Lunette company recommends both models for women who are very physically active, however Model 1 is best suited in shape and form for those women who participate in many physical activities and rugged sports.
“Can I wear the Lunette if I am a virgin or just started my period?“
Yes. Model 1 in the Lunette is great for young teens who have just started menstruating in their life. In addition those girls who have not ever partaken in sexual intercourse can safely wear the Lunette (but only if they understand the risk of their hymen being torn from normal wear and if they have been previously comfortable with using tampons.
Lunette Company Profile & Info
The Lune Group Oy Ltd. Headquarters resides in Juupajoki, Finland and has been manufacturing safe and effective feminine products since 2004. All of the Lune Group’s products are monitored closely by the Finnish Health Authority and the Lunette, menstrual cup was also awarded with the “Key Flag Emblem” which is a certification that lauds that a product is manufactured and designed in Finland and is of the highest quality, class, and safety.
They have business partners scattered all over the globe, and have become a great International success by producing mainstream feminine hygiene products such as the Lunette menstrual cup, feminine wipes, feminine washes, and feminine creams. All of the Lune Group’s products come highly recommended by customers from all walks of life, origins, creeds, and country of residence who emphatically praise the Lunette for its best performance as a menstrual cup.
Lunette Menstrual Cup Review: Bottom Line
The Lunette, menstrual cup has done more than the average menstrual cup to prove itself as a superior menstrual cup brand. Not only is its quality effectiveness and performance on an overall immeasurable scale, but on a level of experience is the best example- the Lunette is heavily substantiated by consumer surveys, testimonials, and reviews which provide outstanding testimony that it really is a phenomenal menstrual cup used by countless women as the ultimate go-to product for the highest amount of menstrual protection possible.
Where to Buy Lunette
The Lunette is sold all over the world at retailers and drug stores located in your local area. However, for the best shopping and purchasing experience, we recommend that you take advantage of purchasing the official Lunette, menstrual cup securely and discreetly online.
- AngelCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Anigan EvaCup ® Menstrual Cup
- Bella Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Blossom Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Comfycup ® Menstrual Cups
- CupLee ® Menstrual Cups
- Diamond ® Menstrual Cups
- Divacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Dutchess Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Femmecup ® Menstrual Cups
- FemmyCycle ® Menstrual Cups
- FleurCup ® Menstrual Cups
- IrisCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Juju ® Menstrual Cups
- Keeper ® Menstrual Cup
- LadyCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lena Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lily ® Menstrual Cups
- Lola Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunette ® Menstrual Cups
- Luv Ur Body ® Menstrual Cups
- MeLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- MenstroCup ® Menstrual Cups
- MiaLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- Mia Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Moon Cup (US) ® Menstrual Cup
- Mooncup(UK) ® Menstrual Cups
- NaturCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Rainbow Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Ruby Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- SckoonCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Si-bell ® Menstrual Cups
- Softcup ® Menstrual Cups
- Super Jennie ® Menstrual Cups
- Yuuki ® Menstrual Cups
- GladRags ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- LunaPads ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Sckoon Organic ® Reusable Pads
- Domino Pads ® Reusable Pads
- Charlie Banana ® Reusable Pads
- Bububibi Reusable Cloth Pads
- Heart Felt ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Party In My Pants ® Cloth Pads
- Dutchess ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Earth Girl ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- PantyProp ® Period Panties
- THINX ® Period Panties
- Lunapanties ® Period Panties
- Anigan ® Period Panties
- Vv SkiVvys ® Period Panties
- Dear Kate ® Period Panties
- PantiePads ® Period Panties
- Modibodi ® Period Panties
- Period-Panteez ® Period Panties
- Knixwear ® Period Panties
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:11:58
"I agree with you Shannon, the customer service center is great. I don't think I ever dealt with a company who answers so quickly...." Read More »
Page: PantyProp ® Period Panties
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:09:30
"Brought a proptween underwear bundle for my 11 year old daughter and a period kit about 3 months ago, everything was perfect, she said it made her feel much more comfortable not worrying about leaks i..." Read More »
Page: DivaCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: GingerGypsy Date: 2017-01-22 21:56:00
"I've used my Diva Cup for three years, and since day one, I've dealt with leaks. I've done everything right, proper positioning, ensured suction- but I still end up having to wear a pad because of the..." Read More »
Page: OrganiCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: ingrid Date: 2017-01-20 12:20:16
"I love my organicup. I am a virgin, and but didn't have any problems inserting the a-cup. However you are a bit clumsy in the beginning and should expect using a little time to insert and emptying it ..." Read More »
- Girls in Africa Desperately Need Menstrual Cups and Pads
- Does the High-Tech Livia Really Turn Off Cramps?
- If You Have Bad Menstrual Cramps Consider This Diet
- Long Menstrual Cycles? What You Should Know
- How Long Should a Period Last?
- Menstruation Made the News a Lot this Past Year!
- The Top Apps for Tracking Your Period
- Looncup: Wearable Tech for Your Vagina
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Month
- Does Your Period Throw You Off Your Game?
- The Menstrual Cycle Phases Explained
- Lunette vs. AngelCup
- Lunette vs. Bella Cup
- Lunette vs. Comfycup
- Lunette vs. DivaCup
- Lunette vs. EvaCup
- Lunette vs. FemmeCup
- Lunette vs. Femmycycle
- Lunette vs. Fleurcup
- Lunette vs. Intimina Lily Cup
- Lunette vs. IrisCup
- Lunette vs. Juju
- Lunette vs. LadyCup
- Lunette vs. Lunacup
- Lunette vs. Luv Ur Body
- Lunette vs. MeLuna
- Lunette vs. MiaCup
- Lunette vs. Mialuna
- Lunette vs. MoonCup (UK)
- Lunette vs. MoonCup (USA)
- Lunette vs. Naturcup
- Lunette vs. OrganiCup
- Lunette vs. RainbowCup/R-cup
- Lunette vs. Ruby Cup
- Lunette vs. SckoonCup
- Lunette vs. Si-bell
- Lunette vs. Softcup
- Lunette vs. The Keeper
- Lunette vs. Yuuki
You might be interested in:
- Top 10 Menstrual Cups
- Top 10 Reusable Menstrual Pads
- Top 10 Period Panties
- Best 10 Organic Cotton Tampons
- Top 5 Organic Cotton Pads & Liners
- Top 10 Yoni (Kegel) Eggs
- Menstrual Cup FAQS
- 26 FAQs on Reusable Cloth Pads
- Period Panties : FAQs
- Tampons & Pads vs. Cups & Cloth Pads
- Cloth Pads vs. Disposable
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Size
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Features
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | Arena Battle
- Enter Our Blog »
- Ask a Question »