Lunapanties ® Period Panties | Full Review
- Available on:
- Official Website:
- Approximate Price:
$24.99 – $36.99
Lunapads and Panties Combo: A Match Made in Heaven?
Lunapanties come from the Lunapads company and are a hybrid product that’s part cloth pad, part panty. They’re an all-in-one period panty that doesn’t have to be worn with a pad or a menstrual cup. Rather than having to wear a Lunapad with your own pair of underwear, you’d just toss on Lunapanties with their built-in absorbent gusset; a gusset is the crotch area on a piece of clothing. The advantages of having the all-in-one design are that there’s no bunching or shifting around since the pad is sewn into the panty, resulting in a far lower risk of leaks.
How Do They Work?
Lunapanties were created to replace the full range of disposable menstrual products entirely. They’re also useful if you experience light incontinence. Lunapanties comes in a variety of styles to fit individual needs.
- MAIA collection – The garments from the MAIA collection provide the most protection since they have a leak-proof core and removable inserts to accommodate heavy flow.
- SELENE collection – The SELENE collection is recommended for light flow. It has the leak-proof lining but a thinner layer of cotton than the MAIA style.
- VESTA collection – VESTA Lunapanties are designed for very light flow and everyday wear. They’re absorbent but don’t have the leak-proof lining to allow for more breathability and comfort.
- TERRA & ARTEMIS collection – For backup protection, the TERRA and ARTEMIS styles are the ones to try. These two styles are also specially designed with tweens in mind.
How to Choose Guide:
You can use their guide – How to Choose Lunapanties (By Flow, Frequency, Duration and Fit).
Lunapanties come from the same great company that makes Lunapads and all of the same principles apply.
- Don’t contain any chemical residues or glues.
- Are made of 95 percent cotton and 5 percent spandex.
- Can be worn with inserts or alone.
- Have a waterproof lining that is made from PUL (polyurethane laminate) and cotton fleece. The inserts are made from 100 percent cotton fleece.
- Can be machine washed and dried at any temperature.
Overall, customers agree that these are genuinely worth the price, and they love the craftsmanship of these menstrual panties. The cotton is soft, and the Lunapanties provide peace of mind, especially the styles with the leak-proof gussets.
On the other hand, some customers find that the styles with the leak-proof liners are hot and uncomfortable to wear, and they prefer styles like the VESTA that are cotton-only and allow for more airflow.
These period underwear are true to size.
About the Company
Lunapanties are made by Lunapads, which is a woman-run company that was founded in 1993 as a result of its founder’s search for a better, healthier alternative to disposable feminine hygiene products. The company started small but grew to the extent that they keep 1 million disposable menstrual products out of landfills every month.
The Bottom Line
If you’re a cloth pad wearer, you know that even with wings that snap, cloth pads can shift around since they don’t have adhesive backing like disposable pads do. The Lunapanties solve this problem since the pads are permanently sewn into place. So because of that, these are an excellent choice for cloth pad wearers.
They’re also an excellent choice for anyone who doesn’t mind spending a little more money for high quality period panties. Lunapanties are made from soft, comfortable and durable materials and the option to have a waterproof lining is invaluable.
Where Can You Buy Lunapanties?
You might be interested in:
- Top 10 Menstrual Cups
- Top 10 Reusable Menstrual Pads
- Top 10 Period Panties
- Top 10 Water Based Lubes
- Best 10 Organic Cotton Tampons
- Top 5 Organic Cotton Pads & Liners
- Top 10 Yoni (Kegel) Eggs
- Top 10 Female Urination devices
- Menstrual Cup FAQS
- 26 FAQs on Reusable Cloth Pads
- Period Panties : FAQs
- Tampons & Pads vs. Cups & Cloth Pads
- Cloth Pads vs. Disposable
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Size
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Features
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | Arena Battle
- Enter Our Blog »
- Ask a Question »