Lunapanties ® Period Panties
Lunapads and Panties Combo: A Match Made in Heaven?
- Available on:
- Official Website:
- Approximate Price:
$24.99 – $36.99
Lunapanties come from the Lunapads company and are a hybrid product that’s part cloth pad, part panty. They’re an all-in-one period panty that doesn’t have to be worn with a pad or a menstrual cup. Rather than having to wear a Lunapad with your own pair of underwear, you’d just toss on Lunapanties with their built-in absorbent gusset; a gusset is the crotch area on a piece of clothing. The advantages of having the all-in-one design are that there’s no bunching or shifting around since the pad is sewn into the panty, resulting in a far lower risk of leaks.
How Do They Work?
Lunapanties were created to replace the full range of disposable menstrual products entirely. They’re also useful if you experience light incontinence. Lunapanties comes in a variety of styles to fit individual needs.
- MAIA collection – The garments from the MAIA collection provide the most protection since they have a leak-proof core and removable inserts to accommodate heavy flow.
- SELENE collection – The SELENE collection is recommended for light flow. It has the leak-proof lining but a thinner layer of cotton than the MAIA style.
- VESTA collection – VESTA Lunapanties are designed for very light flow and everyday wear. They’re absorbent but don’t have the leak-proof lining to allow for more breathability and comfort.
- TERRA & ARTEMIS collection – For backup protection, the TERRA and ARTEMIS styles are the ones to try. These two styles are also specially designed with tweens in mind.
How to Choose Guide:
You can use their guide – How to Choose Lunapanties (By Flow, Frequency, Duration and Fit).
Lunapanties come from the same great company that makes Lunapads and all of the same principles apply.
- Don’t contain any chemical residues or glues.
- Are made of 95 percent cotton and 5 percent spandex.
- Can be worn with inserts or alone.
- Have a waterproof lining that is made from PUL (polyurethane laminate) and cotton fleece. The inserts are made from 100 percent cotton fleece.
- Can be machine washed and dried at any temperature.
Overall, customers agree that these are genuinely worth the price, and they love the craftsmanship of these menstrual panties. The cotton is soft, and the Lunapanties provide peace of mind, especially the styles with the leak-proof gussets.
On the other hand, some customers find that the styles with the leak-proof liners are hot and uncomfortable to wear, and they prefer styles like the VESTA that are cotton-only and allow for more airflow.
These period underwear are true to size.
About the Company
Lunapanties are made by Lunapads, which is a woman-run company that was founded in 1993 as a result of its founder’s search for a better, healthier alternative to disposable feminine hygiene products. The company started small but grew to the extent that they keep 1 million disposable menstrual products out of landfills every month.
The Bottom Line
If you’re a cloth pad wearer, you know that even with wings that snap, cloth pads can shift around since they don’t have adhesive backing like disposable pads do. The Lunapanties solve this problem since the pads are permanently sewn into place. So because of that, these are an excellent choice for cloth pad wearers.
They’re also an excellent choice for anyone who doesn’t mind spending a little more money for high quality period panties. Lunapanties are made from soft, comfortable and durable materials and the option to have a waterproof lining is invaluable.
Where Can You Buy Lunapanties?
- PantyProp ® Period Panties
- THINX ® Period Panties
- Lunapanties ® Period Panties
- Anigan ® Period Panties
- Vv SkiVvys ® Period Panties
- Dear Kate ® Period Panties
- PantiePads ® Period Panties
- Modibodi ® Period Panties
- Period-Panteez ® Period Panties
- Knixwear ® Period Panties
- Adira ® Period Panties
- Fannypants ® Period Panties
- Intimate Portal ® Period Panties
- Relieved Gal ® Period Panties
- New Step ® Period Panties
- Qikafan ® Period Panties
- Labelar ® Period Panties
- NatraTouch ® Period Panties
- Shymay ® Period Panties
- Yoyi Fashion ® Period Panties
- Promithi ® Period Panties
- MFrannie ® Period Panties
- Meicent ® Period Panties
- Aolevia ® Period Panties
- GladRags ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- LunaPads ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Sckoon Organic ® Reusable Pads
- Domino Pads ® Reusable Pads
- Charlie Banana ® Reusable Pads
- Bububibi Reusable Cloth Pads
- Heart Felt ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Party In My Pants ® Cloth Pads
- Dutchess ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Earth Girl ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- AngelCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Anigan EvaCup ® Menstrual Cup
- Bella Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Blossom Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Comfycup ® Menstrual Cups
- CupLee ® Menstrual Cups
- Diamond ® Menstrual Cups
- Divacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Dutchess Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Femmecup ® Menstrual Cups
- FemmyCycle ® Menstrual Cups
- FleurCup ® Menstrual Cups
- IrisCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Juju ® Menstrual Cups
- Keeper ® Menstrual Cup
- LadyCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lena Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lily ® Menstrual Cups
- Lola Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunette ® Menstrual Cups
- Luv Ur Body ® Menstrual Cups
- MeLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- MenstroCup ® Menstrual Cups
- MiaLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- Mia Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Moon Cup (US) ® Menstrual Cup
- Mooncup(UK) ® Menstrual Cups
- NaturCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Rainbow Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Ruby Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- SckoonCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Si-bell ® Menstrual Cups
- Softcup ® Menstrual Cups
- Super Jennie ® Menstrual Cups
- Yuuki ® Menstrual Cups
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:11:58
"I agree with you Shannon, the customer service center is great. I don't think I ever dealt with a company who answers so quickly...." Read More »
Page: PantyProp ® Period Panties
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:09:30
"Brought a proptween underwear bundle for my 11 year old daughter and a period kit about 3 months ago, everything was perfect, she said it made her feel much more comfortable not worrying about leaks i..." Read More »
Page: DivaCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: GingerGypsy Date: 2017-01-22 21:56:00
"I've used my Diva Cup for three years, and since day one, I've dealt with leaks. I've done everything right, proper positioning, ensured suction- but I still end up having to wear a pad because of the..." Read More »
Page: OrganiCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: ingrid Date: 2017-01-20 12:20:16
"I love my organicup. I am a virgin, and but didn't have any problems inserting the a-cup. However you are a bit clumsy in the beginning and should expect using a little time to insert and emptying it ..." Read More »
- Girls in Africa Desperately Need Menstrual Cups and Pads
- Does the High-Tech Livia Really Turn Off Cramps?
- If You Have Bad Menstrual Cramps Consider This Diet
- Long Menstrual Cycles? What You Should Know
- How Long Should a Period Last?
- Menstruation Made the News a Lot this Past Year!
- The Top Apps for Tracking Your Period
- Looncup: Wearable Tech for Your Vagina
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Month
- Does Your Period Throw You Off Your Game?
- The Menstrual Cycle Phases Explained
You might be interested in:
- Top 10 Menstrual Cups
- Top 10 Reusable Menstrual Pads
- Top 10 Period Panties
- Best 10 Organic Cotton Tampons
- Top 5 Organic Cotton Pads & Liners
- Top 10 Yoni (Kegel) Eggs
- Menstrual Cup FAQS
- 26 FAQs on Reusable Cloth Pads
- Period Panties : FAQs
- Tampons & Pads vs. Cups & Cloth Pads
- Cloth Pads vs. Disposable
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Size
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Features
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | Arena Battle
- Enter Our Blog »
- Ask a Question »