FemmyCycle ® Review – Whats Not to Love?
- Available on:
- Official Website:
- Approximate Price:
£24.99 – £27.99
- Promotions: N/A
Although the menstrual cup has been around for ages, it is just now coming around full circle where it is accepted as a viable alternative to other feminine menstrual hygiene products. With this new-found popularity more women are discovering what makes the menstrual cup so beneficial, and what they have been missing out on all this time.
The Femmycycle menstrual cup produced and manufactured by the Femcap Inc. corporation is a new and up & coming menstrual cup product that has not been on the market very long, but that is garnering much attention for being a product with the greatest market potential.
FemmyCycle Special Product Features:
In the two years since the Femmycycle debuted on the market, it has received an exceptional amount of positive reviews, has even earned several awards, and has established numerous accreditations for being a significant breakthrough product in the menstrual cup industry. It boasts a number of features that make it unique and appealing:
- FemmyCycle is offered in 3 sizes (more details below)
- Available in Twin Value Pack and Single Pack (2 Femmycycle cups, and a single Femmycycle cup pack)
- FDA Approved and Established in 2012
- Special Spill-Proof Design Makes Leaks Impossible
- 2013 Award Winner at the BioCom Medfest Expo
- Made from Medical-Grade Silicone
- Reusable with Shelf-Life of a Year
- Is only available in the clear cup color
FemmyCycle Specs and Sizes
The Femmycycle cup is available in single pack and in a twin value pack.
1 Femmycycle menstrual cup (lasts a year), retail: $39.99
2 Femmycycle menstrual cups (lasts 1 year each), retail $59.99
The Femmycycle menstrual cup comes in 3 sizes to accommodate the variations between a female’s unique body and personal menstrual care needs:
- 1. Teen (Small Model – 17.5 ml) – The Teen Femmycycle cup is for teenagers who have just started their periods, are virgins, and who also are familiar with the use of tampons. The Teen Femmycycle is the smallest size made for light- medium flow.
- 2. Regular (Full Size Model – 30 ml) – For women with an average level Cervix. The Regular Femmycup is for women that have been sexually active or had children, this is the regular size that is long, holds the most fluid, and that accommodates a light- to very heavy flow.
- 3. Low Cervix (Shorter Model – 30 ml) – For women with a low Cervix. The Low Cervix model and size of the Femmycycle cup is specifically designed with a shorter cup size to be comfortably worn by women who have a low cervix or short vaginal canal. It can be used for any type of flow.
Choosing the Right Femmycycle Cup Size
For the best leakage protection and most comfortable experience with the Femmcycle menstrual cup, the manufacturer recommends that you “check yourself” to see if you may have a smaller/larger/shorter vaginal canal and cervix.
Check Yourself –
Stand by the toilet as you prop your leg up (with knee) bent and take your index finger and place it in your vagina.
- If you cannot detect your cervix with your index finger inserted as high and far as it will go. Then you have a high cervix or a normal cervix and it is best recommended that you use the high cervix/regular size Femmycycle cup for best use.
- If your index finger touches your cervix, then you most likely have a cervix that sets low in the vaginal canal. Your best option of Femmycycle cup size is the low cervix model.
FemmyCycle Starter Kit –
If you not sure if you have a low curvix, you can get the starter kit – that contains one regular and one low cervix.
Insertion and Removal Instructions
Many females become turned off by the learning curve of using the menstrual cup properly. This can cause them to ditch a product without giving it the opportunity to work adequately.
The Femcap. Inc website for Femmycycle notes the learning curve and provides some extensive instructions and details for inserting and removing the cup properly to provide customers with the best odds of using their feminine hygiene product properly- I find this extremely novel of them in their best way to honestly present and market their product.
These clear cut instructions make it very easy for anyone to understand to properly utilize and benefit from the femmycycle array of advantages:
- When you are removing or inserting the cup it is key to relax completely.
- Make sure your bladder is empty before inserting or removing the Femmycup.
- Stand with one leg propped up (on the toilet) while inserting and removing the Femmy cup.
- Get familiar with your cervix- even if you cannot touch it the Femmy needs to gently cradle your cervix to adequately collect menstrual fluid.
- When inserting the Femmy cup be sure to perform this slowly, the cup is meant to open a bit- but is also developed not to open all the way.
- It helps to lubricate the Femmycup to ease the insertion process use a 100% safe lubricant such as coconut jelly or KY.
- When using the C-fold be certain that the C open point is directed towards your rectum.
The Pro’s of the Femmycycle Menstrual Cup
|Femcap Inc. provides clear-cut instructions on using and caring for their Femmycycle menstrual cup product on their website and included in their product packaging.|
|Instead of 2 sizes like most menstrual cups, the Femmycup is offered in 3 sizes to provide more options of a better fit for women.|
|25% larger collecting and holding capacity (40ml) than any other cup on the market.|
|Not stiff, and very flexible in comparison to the Keeper, Evacup, and Divacup|
|It has a ring instead of a stem that is not intrusive and that enables a better ease of removal than products that have stems or bulbs at the base.|
|The ring consisted in Femmcycle also makes this menstrual cup easier to clean.|
|The transparent color of the Femmycycle cup allows you to see what needs to be cleaned in comparison to other products that are available in colors and made out of other materials.|
The Con’s of the Femmycycle Menstrual Cup
|The strong suction of the cup can cause the Femmycycle cup to invert, causing a mess while removing it.|
|Because of the lack of tiny holes in the rim, sometimes it fails to open properly to enable the fit required to avoid leaks.|
Customer Reviews, Ratings, and Testimonials
When I looked at all the pleasant reviews posted throughout the Internet on Femmycycle, they confirmed that BioCom accurately predicted this menstrual product’s bright future. As more and more people are discovering the Femmycycle, consumers are selecting it prominently over other menstrual cup brands and proclaiming it as the #1 best menstrual cup.
“It works as promised. I had to try it a few times to get it right. Read the directions that come with it. I’ve used mine for about 8 months now and love the freedom. Plus it actually made my flow lighter.” (Amazon.com)
“I gave it 5 stars! When I initially received the product I was a bit nervous about trying it out. When I first started using it, it was a bit awkward, but I got the hang of it and love it! I prefer it over my Skoon Cup. It can be worn partially collapsed and has a spill guard on top. I liked the idea of the top and feel more comfortable wearing it at night. No leaks and can’t feel it. Don’t get discouraged, keep trying it out (dry runs are great). If not this cup, try another, but this one is FANTASTIC. I bought it directly from the company, their customer service is great if you have any questions about the product!” (Amazon.com)
“I just finished my first trial with my menstrual cycle and I simply loved it!
For folding, I used c-curve and had no problem inserting after trying a few times. I didn’t feel any pressure at all. Lube helps when inserting. The ring is very helpful when taking it out. Cleaning is also easy. Just empty it and I like to wash mine with feminine wash under warm water.” (Amazon.com)
Online Video Reviews:
FemmyCycle Menstrual Cup FAQS
“If my experience with the Femmycycle is less than satisfactory, can I return the Femmycup for a refund?”
Because the Femmycycle is intimately used, once it is used we cannot except it as a return. The Femmycycle cup is non-returnable for the better safety of everyone.
“Can the Femmycycle be worn during sexual intercourse safely?”
No the Femmycycle menstrual cup is not designed to be worn safely when taking part in penetrative intercourse.
“Why is the shelf-life for the Femmycycle menstrual cup only a single year, while there are other menstrual cup brands that last for 10-15 years?”
The Femmycycle is made out of a safe, medical grade silicone that is very durable. But it is also softer than some other brand models on the market, and is more pliable and flexible for your better benefit of comfort, insertion, and removal, and overall use. It is exposed to normal wear and tear and is not as effective after a year’s time period on average. Additionally, it is just good practice and for the greater good of your health to avoid infections to replace your femmy cup regularly.
“How does Femmycycle prevent menstrual odor?”
Because the femmycycle collects instead of absorbing, the fluid scent is not released into the air. This helps to prevent menstrual odors.
“Does the Femmycup touch my cervix at all?”
No. The femmycup when placed accurately, will sit right below your cervix comfortably and properly.
“Is there a special size available in the Femmycycle to accommodate a femle with a short vagina or a low cervix?”
Yes. For women who have short vaginas and a low cervix- femmycycle has designed a low cervix size which is ideal.
“Can I use the Femmycycle menstrual cup if I have an IUD?”
Yes. The Femmycycle menstrual cup can be compatibly and most safely worn & used by women who have IUD’s.
“Are there any risks of obstruction in the opening of the Femmycycle by blood-clots?”
The vacuum seal effect of the Femmycycle allows blood-clots to pass through without problem.
“What holding capacity does the Femmycycle have?”
The Femmycycle menstrual cup boasts the largest holding capacity of any other menstrual cup available on the market. It can hold up to 40 ml of fluid.
“How can I make the process of inserting the Femmycycle menstrual cup easier?”
You can follow the instructions that came with the Femmycycle cup, and also use a safe, natural lubricant to make it easier to slide in and out upon insertion and removal procedures.
About FemmyCycle Company
Femcap Inc. is based out of San Diego, California and was established in 2012 by founder and CEO, Alfred Shihata. Alfred Shihata developed the company’s main product- the Femmycycle, menstrual cup. The Femmycup has received high praise for its rave performance as a menstrual hygiene alternative to tampons and was recently awarded and recognized as the most innovative product with the greatest market potential at the BioCom Medfest Expo.
The Femmycycle was explained as a “game-changer” by chief nurse executive and Biocom Medfest Judge, Lorie Shoemaker. She also furthered her statement by proclaiming that the FemmyCycle is, “simple, safe, money sparing, and it saves the planet and can save your life.” The company’s motto is “What is there not to love about the Femmycycle?”
FemmyCycle Menstrual Cup; What is not to love?
Even though it is a fairly new menstrual cup to be introduced to the market, the Femmycycle cup is making large strides in catching up with the menstrual cups that have been around longer.
It offers an array of benefits that make other brands of menstrual cups pale by comparison.
Where to Buy The FemmyCycle Menstrual Cup
We do not directly sell the Femmycycle Menstrual Cup. However the Femmycup is available in its full selection at various retail stores in your area. You can also purchase the Femmycycle cup discreetly online.
- AngelCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Anigan EvaCup ® Menstrual Cup
- Bella Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Blossom Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Comfycup ® Menstrual Cups
- CupLee ® Menstrual Cups
- Diamond ® Menstrual Cups
- Divacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Dutchess Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Femmecup ® Menstrual Cups
- FemmyCycle ® Menstrual Cups
- FleurCup ® Menstrual Cups
- IrisCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Juju ® Menstrual Cups
- Keeper ® Menstrual Cup
- LadyCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lena Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lily ® Menstrual Cups
- Lola Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunette ® Menstrual Cups
- Luv Ur Body ® Menstrual Cups
- MeLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- MenstroCup ® Menstrual Cups
- MiaLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- Mia Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Moon Cup (US) ® Menstrual Cup
- Mooncup(UK) ® Menstrual Cups
- NaturCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Rainbow Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Ruby Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- SckoonCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Si-bell ® Menstrual Cups
- Softcup ® Menstrual Cups
- Super Jennie ® Menstrual Cups
- Yuuki ® Menstrual Cups
- GladRags ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- LunaPads ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Sckoon Organic ® Reusable Pads
- Domino Pads ® Reusable Pads
- Charlie Banana ® Reusable Pads
- Bububibi Reusable Cloth Pads
- Heart Felt ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Party In My Pants ® Cloth Pads
- Dutchess ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Earth Girl ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- PantyProp ® Period Panties
- THINX ® Period Panties
- Lunapanties ® Period Panties
- Anigan ® Period Panties
- Vv SkiVvys ® Period Panties
- Dear Kate ® Period Panties
- PantiePads ® Period Panties
- Modibodi ® Period Panties
- Period-Panteez ® Period Panties
- Knixwear ® Period Panties
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:11:58
"I agree with you Shannon, the customer service center is great. I don't think I ever dealt with a company who answers so quickly...." Read More »
Page: PantyProp ® Period Panties
By: Carson Date: 2017-01-22 22:09:30
"Brought a proptween underwear bundle for my 11 year old daughter and a period kit about 3 months ago, everything was perfect, she said it made her feel much more comfortable not worrying about leaks i..." Read More »
Page: DivaCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: GingerGypsy Date: 2017-01-22 21:56:00
"I've used my Diva Cup for three years, and since day one, I've dealt with leaks. I've done everything right, proper positioning, ensured suction- but I still end up having to wear a pad because of the..." Read More »
Page: OrganiCup ® Menstrual Cup
By: ingrid Date: 2017-01-20 12:20:16
"I love my organicup. I am a virgin, and but didn't have any problems inserting the a-cup. However you are a bit clumsy in the beginning and should expect using a little time to insert and emptying it ..." Read More »
- Girls in Africa Desperately Need Menstrual Cups and Pads
- Does the High-Tech Livia Really Turn Off Cramps?
- If You Have Bad Menstrual Cramps Consider This Diet
- Long Menstrual Cycles? What You Should Know
- How Long Should a Period Last?
- Menstruation Made the News a Lot this Past Year!
- The Top Apps for Tracking Your Period
- Looncup: Wearable Tech for Your Vagina
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Month
- Does Your Period Throw You Off Your Game?
- The Menstrual Cycle Phases Explained
- Femmycycle vs. AngelCup
- Femmycycle vs. Bella Cup
- Femmycycle vs. Comfycup
- Femmycycle vs. DivaCup
- Femmycycle vs. EvaCup
- Femmycycle vs. FemmeCup
- Femmycycle vs. Fleurcup
- Femmycycle vs. Intimina Lily Cup
- Femmycycle vs. IrisCup
- Femmycycle vs. Juju
- Femmycycle vs. LadyCup
- Femmycycle vs. Lunacup
- Femmycycle vs. Lunette
- Femmycycle vs. Luv Ur Body
- Femmycycle vs. MeLuna
- Femmycycle vs. MiaCup
- Femmycycle vs. Mialuna
- Femmycycle vs. MoonCup (UK)
- Femmycycle vs. MoonCup (USA)
- Femmycycle vs. Naturcup
- Femmycycle vs. OrganiCup
- Femmycycle vs. RainbowCup/R-cup
- Femmycycle vs. Ruby Cup
- Femmycycle vs. SckoonCup
- Femmycycle vs. Si-bell
- Femmycycle vs. Softcup
- Femmycycle vs. The Keeper
- Femmycycle vs. Yuuki
You might be interested in:
- Top 10 Menstrual Cups
- Top 10 Reusable Menstrual Pads
- Top 10 Period Panties
- Best 10 Organic Cotton Tampons
- Top 5 Organic Cotton Pads & Liners
- Top 10 Yoni (Kegel) Eggs
- Menstrual Cup FAQS
- 26 FAQs on Reusable Cloth Pads
- Period Panties : FAQs
- Tampons & Pads vs. Cups & Cloth Pads
- Cloth Pads vs. Disposable
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Size
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Features
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | Arena Battle
- Enter Our Blog »
- Ask a Question »