Diamond Cup ® Review – Is it a Winner or Loser?
- Available on:
- Official Websites:
- Approximate Price:
The feminine hygiene market experienced a flood of newly released menstrual cup brands in 2015 alone. The Diamond cup is one of the cup brands that was introduced last year to women seeking a healthier, and less costly alternative to bulky pads, and uncomfortable tampons.
It offers many of the basic features that other cups possess, and is more standard than some of the fancier alternatives.
However, many cup advocates have already performed their reviews on the diamond cup and have rated it generously for being effective, comfortable, easy to use, and affordable.
To see how other consumers unbiasedly ranked and rated this cup, we have gathered the facts to present them to in order to help you decide if this is a menstrual cup you may want to try.
Diamond Cup: Specs
The Diamond Cup is comprised of high grade silicone that is of medical grade. It is only made in the clear color. It has a relatively small bell in both sizes that it is offered in (small) and (large).
It features a flat tab (stick’ish) stem that may be trimmed down.
Sizes of the Diamond Cup
The Diamond Cup, is made and offered in two unique sizes only small and large.
Small: The small size is recommended for women who have not had a vaginal birth or for a woman that has had a c-section and that is younger than 30. It can accommodate a light to medium flow.
Large: This large size is recommended for women who are of a more mature age (30 years or older) and that have experienced a vaginal birth previously.
Note: Unfortunately we have searched everywhere to provide you with the finer details on the sizing specs for this cup, but were unable to find any of the measurements through our extensive investigation.
Insertion demonstration (learn more here):
Features and Attributes
We took a long, in-depth look at the various features and attributes that this menstrual cup offers to you, and thought you would be interested in the following noted most commonly:
- Clear, menstrual cup that has the common flat tab stem that can be trimmed
- Sizes available small and large (“Princess” and “Emerald”).
- FDA approved, BPA FREE, silicone-based
- Competitively priced 60% lower than most popular brand cups
- Garnered viable Amazon rating of 4.3-4.7
- Claims to be manufactured in USA
Manufacturer Gives Back to Charities from Profits Earned from sales of this cup
What You Get in the Box
- 1 diamond cup in choice of 1 size.
- 1 satin storage pouch
- 1 set of instructions
Diamond Cup: Pros
After looking through hundreds of reviews given about the Diamond Cup, we discovered that the most prominently named pros and advantages from reviewers and advocates of this menstrual cup were the following:
|The silicone is pliable but very soft and squishy|
|The menstrual cup is easy to clean|
|The cup seals easily & powerfully and contributes to its leak-proof qualities|
|The cup is less expensive than the older more recognized brands|
|The diamond cup ships out fast and arrives promptly|
|The stem is short and doesn’t poke or cause discomfort and can be altered|
|Claimed to be a good first menstrual cup for newbees|
Diamond Cup: Cons
When we looked at the low ratings, we found that some diamond cup users disliked the cup and rated it poorly because:
|Some reviewers have stated that the cup is sometimes difficult to pop open and the learning curve may be a bit steeper than when using other menstrual cups.|
|Difficult removal as seal is very strong and some claim the cup is very slippery (with no grip lines like in the product images), although the strong seal can advocate for better leak protection.|
Diamond Cup: Customer Ratings and Reviews
Out of about 160 reviews on Amazon and other reviews we perused scattered about the net on the Diamond Cup, this cup was given an average 4.5 rating. From its reviewers only 6% rated it below 4 stars.
Here are just a few remarks that users had that we want to share with you:
“Great great great! I have a heavy flow and actually had to test this out halfway into a Disneyland trip over Christmas break. I was worried that I’d be walking the park with a stain, but from opening to closing not one leak!!! As a first time experience this was fabulous! Also, for any women that are worried about comfort, you barely even notice.” (Blaine H, Amazon.com)
“The cup makes periods seem much less gross and dramatic. I never experienced discomfort, and I have a pretty small vagina. At times I forgot I even had my period because I couldn’t feel the cup the way you can sometimes feel tampons. Biggest things to remember are to relax upon insertion and removal. You can easily use your muscles to help push out the cup if you can’t get a good grasp on it, but then relax when breaking the seal and pulling it the rest of the way out.” (Molly H, Amazon.com)
“I’ve used this cup for several months now, and I love it. I was scared it would leak and cause me embarrassment but it hasn’t leaked even once. It’s easy to clean, easy to remove and insert.” (Kaley Stevens, Amazon.com)
Online Videos from YouTube:
Diamond Cup: FAQS
We understand that every woman may have certain questions that they seek answers to in regards to a menstrual cup product, and to oblige you here is a list of FAQS regarding the Diamond Cup:
“Is the Diamond Cup available online?“
Yes. It can be purchased discreetly online and purchased through the official website or through Amazon marketplace.
“Is the Diamond cup suitable for a young woman who has no children?“
Yes. The smaller size in the cup can be used by a woman who has a light period or that has never had a child vaginally. Caution should be used when young adults who are virgins use the cup as the cup can compromise the hymen.
“Is the Diamond Cup easy to use?“
According to some users they like the cup because after the learning curve it is easy to insert and remove. However, other users have stated that sometimes removal can be a chore as the seal is quite strong.
“Does the Diamond Cup have to be boiled before being used for the first time?“
Yes. The Diamond Cup should be boiled and sterilized before being used for the first time after receiving it in the mail.
“Is the Diamond Cup offered in different colors?“
No. The Diamond cup is BPA free and is only made in the clear cup hue.
“Is the Diamond cup easy to stain?“
The Diamond Cup is clear so it can accrue stains after extended use, however with proper care, rinsing, sterilization, and storage- the diamond cup is claimed to be very durable.
Diamond Cup Company Info
The Diamond Cup manufacturer is said to be located in China, however this menstrual cup is registered with the FDA in the USA for safe use as a feminine hygiene protection product. Since its debut sometime in 2016 the diamond cup, menstrual cup has garnered many positive reviews by users who claim that the Diamond cup out-performs other menstrual cups in comparison.
Diamond Cup: The Bottom Line
The Diamond cup has demonstrated that it has many positive features and plenty of pros that make it a fine contender with some of the older brands of menstrual cups. It offers the user comfort, affordability, and appears to be highly effective at providing leak-proof protection for women of all types. It also has a very low percentage of low ratings accounting and providing testament for its short list of adversities.
If you have been wanting to try an affordable newly launched cup brand, the Diamond cup could be the deal-changer that delivers you exactly what you need from a menstrual cup.
Where to Buy The Diamond Cup Menstrual Cup
- AngelCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Anigan EvaCup ® Menstrual Cup
- Bella Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Blossom Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Comfycup ® Menstrual Cups
- CupLee ® Menstrual Cups
- Diamond ® Menstrual Cups
- Divacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Dutchess Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Femmecup ® Menstrual Cups
- FemmyCycle ® Menstrual Cups
- FleurCup ® Menstrual Cups
- IrisCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Juju ® Menstrual Cups
- Keeper ® Menstrual Cup
- LadyCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lena Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lily ® Menstrual Cups
- Lola Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunacup ® Menstrual Cups
- Lunette ® Menstrual Cups
- Luv Ur Body ® Menstrual Cups
- MeLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- MenstroCup ® Menstrual Cups
- MiaLuna ® Menstrual Cups
- Mia Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Moon Cup (US) ® Menstrual Cup
- Mooncup(UK) ® Menstrual Cups
- NaturCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Rainbow Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- Ruby Cup ® Menstrual Cups
- SckoonCup ® Menstrual Cups
- Si-bell ® Menstrual Cups
- Softcup ® Menstrual Cups
- Super Jennie ® Menstrual Cups
- Yuuki ® Menstrual Cups
- GladRags ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- LunaPads ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Sckoon Organic ® Reusable Pads
- Domino Pads ® Reusable Pads
- Charlie Banana ® Reusable Pads
- Bububibi Reusable Cloth Pads
- Heart Felt ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Party In My Pants ® Cloth Pads
- Dutchess ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- Earth Girl ® Reusable Cloth Pads
- PantyProp ® Period Panties
- THINX ® Period Panties
- Lunapanties ® Period Panties
- Anigan ® Period Panties
- Vv SkiVvys ® Period Panties
- Dear Kate ® Period Panties
- PantiePads ® Period Panties
- Modibodi ® Period Panties
- Period-Panteez ® Period Panties
- Knixwear ® Period Panties
By: ingrid Date: 2017-01-20 12:20:16
"I love my organicup. I am a virgin, and but didn't have any problems inserting the a-cup. However you are a bit clumsy in the beginning and should expect using a little time to insert and emptying it ..." Read More »
By: Red Herring Date: 2017-01-20 07:41:27
"Sadly, menstrual cups are not a "one size fits all" thing. It's a rare thing when someone buys one blindly and it working out perfectly for them. You already know that there's a big difference betwe..." Read More »
Page: PantyProp ® Period Panties
By: Shannon Date: 2017-01-20 05:52:32
"Yay!, I have been searching for a coupon to buy one of their period swimwear. I have these, as well as two of the other brands listed. The ones I got from Panty Prop are actually the best period panti..." Read More »
By: Ashley Date: 2017-01-20 03:52:02
"I just purchased my first cup and am not happy with it. My friend gave me a softcup (unused of course) to try about a year ago and it was EXTREMELY uncomfortable and unbearable to wear. It sealed ..." Read More »
- Girls in Africa Desperately Need Menstrual Cups and Pads
- Does the High-Tech Livia Really Turn Off Cramps?
- If You Have Bad Menstrual Cramps Consider This Diet
- Long Menstrual Cycles? What You Should Know
- How Long Should a Period Last?
- Menstruation Made the News a Lot this Past Year!
- The Top Apps for Tracking Your Period
- Looncup: Wearable Tech for Your Vagina
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Month
- Does Your Period Throw You Off Your Game?
- The Menstrual Cycle Phases Explained
You might be interested in:
- Top 10 Menstrual Cups
- Top 10 Reusable Menstrual Pads
- Top 10 Period Panties
- Best 10 Organic Cotton Tampons
- Top 5 Organic Cotton Pads & Liners
- Top 10 Yoni (Kegel) Eggs
- Menstrual Cup FAQS
- 26 FAQs on Reusable Cloth Pads
- Period Panties : FAQs
- Tampons & Pads vs. Cups & Cloth Pads
- Cloth Pads vs. Disposable
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Size
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | By Features
- Menstrual Cup Comparison | Arena Battle
- Enter Our Blog »
- Ask a Question »